The municipality of Anderlecht, Mobilise VUB and Mpact Asbl organise a public event on February 6th to conclude the co-creation process that took place in Raadsplein (Kuregem) in 2022, as part of the SmartHubs project. During this event, the four designs that were obtained through the co-creation process will be shown, and citizens will be able to choose their preferred option. The activities will start at noon, on the Raadsplein and inside the bus 'Living Together' that STIB will bring for this occasion. The showcase of the designs, the voting and debate about the solutions will be held inside the bus until 6pm.
A 'mobility hub' integrates various transport services such as tram, bus and shared mobility but also offers additional services such as public toilets, information kiosks, (digital) information booths, secure bike parking, parcel lockers, and so forth at one dedicated location. The presentation of the four mobility hubs is the last in a series of events that were organized by the SmartHubs project team in Kuregem. During the foregoing events, participants have:
- Taken part in in-depth interviews to understand the needs of users and non-users, and especially the ones of vulnerable individuals, regarding their mobility and their use of mobility hubs.
- Tested a digital information kiosk and given feedback on the user experience.
- Participated in a co-design workshop to conceive a mobility hub on Raadsplein (Kuregem).
- Filled in a survey about personal travel behaviour and preferences concerning mobility hubs and shared mobility.
The four designs have been developed thanks to a co-creation process in which the local inhabitants and neighbourhood organizations (Cosmos vzw, Maks vzw, Les amis de l'Etincelle Asbl, Névé Asbl, and Espace 16Art) have participated.
The results of the co-creation process and the opinions of participants will be transmitted to policymakers and will serve as a reference to guide the implementation of more mobility hubs in the Brussels Capital Region. In this way, the participants to this event will contribute to the development of mobility hubs in the capital!
About the project and its partners:
The SmartHubs project examines mobility hubs, dedicated on-street locations where citizens can choose from different shared and sustainable mobility options. Mobility hubs are being tested and developed in Brussels, The Hague, Eastern Austria, Munich and Instanbul. The project is financed by JPI Urban Europe and Innoviris.
Mobilise is a research group of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel specialised on sustainable urban mobility and logistics. The Mobilise team studies the behavior of transport users and the barriers to the adoption of sustainable transport modes.
The Mobility Department of the Commune of Anderlecht is in charge of the implementation of school streets, Good Move, Low Emission Zones, bike safety and so forth on its territory.
Mpact contributes to efficient and accessible mobility through the principle 'do more with less'. This non-profit develops mobility solutions (carpool.be, mobility hubs), participates in research projects, and organizes events for policy makers and the general public.
When and where?
- Monday the 6th of February 2023, 12:00 - 18:00
- Raadsplein, Anderlecht
- In the STIB 'Living Together Bus', in front of the Town Hall
- Lluis Martinez (FR/EN) email@example.com - 0479 98 22 65
- Andreina Lombardo (FR/EN/NL) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jelten Baguet (NL/FR/EN) email@example.com - 0499 37 91 87